- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Broadway Prescription Shop Hosts Flu Clinics
Broadway Prescription Shop will host several opportunities for the general public to become immunized against influenza, a vaccine the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommend everyone over six months should have.
As part of their ongoing commitment to providing 'personalized care for life,' Broadway Prescription Shop will set up in four different area locations to try to reach as much of the community as possible. Broadway Prescription Shop will also administer the flu vaccine in their store at 710 Broadway. There is a minimal fee to cover the cost of the vaccine, and most forms of insurance are accepted, including Medicare and Medicaid.
These clinics are open to the general public:
|*||West Park Mall: September 15, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.|
|*||Cape Senior Center: September 20, 10 a.m.-Noon|
|*||Jackson Senior Center: September 21, 1-3 p.m.|
|*||Bingo World: September 26, 4-6 p.m.|
The CDC recommends everyone should get immunized every year, as flu strains change, and the vaccine is adapted accordingly. While flu season generally hits hardest in January, it can begin as early as October. Thus, the CDC suggests getting immunized as soon as the vaccine is available, because it takes approximately two weeks for protective antibodies to develop in a person's body. Certain groups are especially at risk of developing serious complications from the flu, such as pneumonia. These groups include:
|*||People 65 years and older|
|*||People with certain medical conditions including asthma, diabetes, and chronic lung disease. (It is especially important that caregivers of people with these conditions also get immunized.)|
For more information about the 2012/2013 influenza vaccine and answers to frequently asked questions, visit www.Broadwaypharm.com. Broadway Prescription Shop also provides other vaccines, including Zostavax for Shingles, Pneumovax for Pneumonia and Gardasil for HPV (Human Papillomavirus). The pharmacy is celebrating its 80th year in business and recently won the People's Choice Award 2012 for best pharmacy.