- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)41
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Southeast president to get his U.S. citizenship July 4 (06/30/16)34
- Cape murderer still will serve 2 life sentences; appeals court forced reduced charge (06/30/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Speak Out 9/13/12
OK, we can spend Cape Girardeau tax money any way we want, but Alma Schrader has two police officers giving parking tickets during the 3:15 dismissal. There is nowhere these parents can park. We have better things to do than to have two police officers cater to Alma Schrader when they can be somewhere else where they're needed.
I would like to thank the person in housekeeping at Saint Francis Medical Center who found my car keys Aug. 28. Thank you, because when I got home this afternoon, they had already been turned in. I really appreciate it.
I keep hearing about the tax rate and how the middle class is paying more than the wealthy. Has anybody ever stopped and thought the reason for this is not because of the tax rate but because of all the exemptions that Congress has built in?
Kelly High School's first high school football game was a success. Congratulations, Kelly.