- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Speak Out 9/13/12
OK, we can spend Cape Girardeau tax money any way we want, but Alma Schrader has two police officers giving parking tickets during the 3:15 dismissal. There is nowhere these parents can park. We have better things to do than to have two police officers cater to Alma Schrader when they can be somewhere else where they're needed.
I would like to thank the person in housekeeping at Saint Francis Medical Center who found my car keys Aug. 28. Thank you, because when I got home this afternoon, they had already been turned in. I really appreciate it.
I keep hearing about the tax rate and how the middle class is paying more than the wealthy. Has anybody ever stopped and thought the reason for this is not because of the tax rate but because of all the exemptions that Congress has built in?
Kelly High School's first high school football game was a success. Congratulations, Kelly.