- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)9
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)81
- Ragsdale to replace Farrow as principal at Franklin Elementary (3/29/17)5
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Suspended Southeast student pleads guilty to firearm charge from fatal Carbondale shooting (3/28/17)1
- Wide array of candidates run for Cape school board (3/27/17)7
Speak Out 9/13/12
OK, we can spend Cape Girardeau tax money any way we want, but Alma Schrader has two police officers giving parking tickets during the 3:15 dismissal. There is nowhere these parents can park. We have better things to do than to have two police officers cater to Alma Schrader when they can be somewhere else where they're needed.
I would like to thank the person in housekeeping at Saint Francis Medical Center who found my car keys Aug. 28. Thank you, because when I got home this afternoon, they had already been turned in. I really appreciate it.
I keep hearing about the tax rate and how the middle class is paying more than the wealthy. Has anybody ever stopped and thought the reason for this is not because of the tax rate but because of all the exemptions that Congress has built in?
Kelly High School's first high school football game was a success. Congratulations, Kelly.