- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Two accused of robbing Poplar Bluff store
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- Two Poplar Bluff men are being held in the Butler County Jail facing armed robbery charges after an early morning incident at the Casey's General Store on Pine Street.
Chaddrick Lee Smith, 22, and Kwamae Tywon Triplett, 20, were arrested at about 12:40 a.m. Wednesday at Smith's residence.
According to the police report, two employees were inside the store around midnight while another sat on a curb during a break. Two men approached the employee, who asked if they needed help.
The employee reported he then saw one of the men brandishing a handgun and noticed their faces were covered. The suspects ordered the employee inside the store.
While one of the suspects held a gun on him, the employee reportedly opened the register and handed the cash inside, around $200 in small bills, to the other suspect. They then fled east on foot.
599 E. Pine St., Poplar Bluff MO