- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Argument over pork turns deadly
ST. LOUIS -- A St. Louis County man is accused of killing his uncle in a dispute over pork steaks.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported John Cunningham, 43, of Jennings, Mo., is charged with first-degree murder and armed criminal action in the death of his uncle, Lessie Lowe, 44.
The shooting happened during an argument Monday. Police say the men were arguing over whether the cuts of meat they were planning to cook were pork steaks or pork chops.
Police say the argument became physical and the two had to be separated by someone else in the house. Cunningham then allegedly retrieved a shotgun and shot Lowe, who died later at a hospital.