- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Argument over pork turns deadly
ST. LOUIS -- A St. Louis County man is accused of killing his uncle in a dispute over pork steaks.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported John Cunningham, 43, of Jennings, Mo., is charged with first-degree murder and armed criminal action in the death of his uncle, Lessie Lowe, 44.
The shooting happened during an argument Monday. Police say the men were arguing over whether the cuts of meat they were planning to cook were pork steaks or pork chops.
Police say the argument became physical and the two had to be separated by someone else in the house. Cunningham then allegedly retrieved a shotgun and shot Lowe, who died later at a hospital.