- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
John Frye III
John Grant Frye III, 54, of Gordonville died Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born May 5, 1958, in Cape Girardeau, to John Grant and Irma Brunke Frye Jr. He and Donna Dewrock were married July 17, 1993, in Cape Girardeau.
John was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau.
He received a bachelor's degree in agribusiness from Southeast Missouri State University. He had been a buyer at Saint Francis Medical Center, and was tool department manager at Lowe's in Cape Girardeau. He was an avid fisherman and loved his family and animals.
Survivors include his wife, Donna Frye of Gordonville; father, John Grant Frye Jr. of Scott City; mother, Irma Frye of Scott City; three sons, Grant Frye of Gordonville, Derek (Angie) Chenoweth of Vacaville, Calif., Greg Chenoweth of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Mike Frye of Scott City; three sisters, Patty (Tom) Schwitz of Chaffee, Mo., Donna (Mike) Essner of Kelso, Mo.; Debbie (Carl) Kolkmeier of St. Charles, Mo.; three grandchildren, Caden Walker Chenoweth of Cape Girardeau, James Gavin and Chloe Isabella Chenoweth of Vacaville.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Marty Hasz officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to Trinity Lutheran School, 55 N. Pacific St., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701, or the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.