- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Roy E. Finger, 63, of Perryville died Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012, in Perryville.
He was born Oct. 24, 1948, in Cape Girardeau, son of Lawrence H. and Anna Mary Clements Finger. He and Louise M. Kiefer were married July 30, 1969.
Finger was a retired administration technician, serving 33 years with Missouri National Guard in Perryville and Cape Girardeau, where he also achieved the rank of master sergeant.
He was a technician at Midway Ford in Perryville and a former employee at Orscheln Farm and Home. He was a member of the American Legion, the Missouri National Guard Association and former member of Highway Rodders.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Barbara Finger of Perryville; two sons, Richard (Bonnie) Finger of Alton, Ill., Randy (Amber) Finger of Perryville; a sister, Linda (Dwight) Caldwell of Reeds Spring, Mo.; and five grandchildren, Melanie Dodd, Hazel Denother, Eden Finger, Ginger Finger and Ethan Finger.
He was preceded in death by his parents; and a son, Robert Allen Finger.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday and from 6:30 a.m. until service time Saturday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery with military graveside service provided by Delta Honors Team.
Memorials are preferred to Missouri National Guard Trust Fund in Jefferson City or St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School.