- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Stanley Coffey Sr.
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Stanley J. Coffey Sr., 86, of Perryville died Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 22, 1925, in Perry County, to Jessie and Anna Moody Coffey. He married Rosella Meyer.
Stanley was a World War II veteran, serving in the U.S. Marine Corps.
He had been a pattern maker for Central Pattern Co.
Survivors include his wife, Rosella Coffey of St. Louis; a daughter, Sharon (Joseph) Rodriguez of Belleville, Ill.; three sons, Stanley Coffey Jr. of St. Louis, Kevin (Jacqueline) and Stephen (Carol) Coffey of Eureka, Mo.; a sister, Lee Fuerst of St. Louis; 10 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and devoted furry dog friend Shirley.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three brothers and a sister.
A memorial service will be at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Perryville Senior Center, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Military honors courtesy of AMVETS. Burial will be private.
Miller Family Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.