- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Wednesday night accident shuts down southbound I-55 in Cape County
An overturned tractor-trailer shut down southbound lanes of Interstate 55 in Cape Girardeau County Wednesday night.
Trooper Clark Parrott with the Missouri State Highway Patrol said traffic had to be rerouted onto U.S. 61 at exit 129 at Perryville to exit 105 at Fruitland for around three hours while crews cleared the scene.
The crash happened around 10:30 p.m. at mile marker 117. As of Thursday afternoon, the cause was still unknown, according to the highway patrol. No injuries were reported.
Mile marker 117, Interstate 55, Cape Girardeau, Mo.