- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
No children hurt in Jackson school bus crash
A Sedgewickville woman involved in an accident Wednesday morning was taken to the hospital for injuries after a crash with a Jackson school bus.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Jennifer A. Alden, 42, rammed into a school bus at the intersection of Highway 72 and Route B between Jackson and Sedgewickville shortly after 7 a.m. The bus had stopped to pick up a student.
The bus driver and children on board suffered no injuries. According to Carol Woods, transportation director for the Jackson School District, the bus was able to continue and the children were examined by the school nurse upon arrival at school.
Alden's injuries were listed as moderate. Her vehicle received extensive damage. She was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center. Alden was wearing a seat belt.
Highway 72 and Route B, Jackson, MO