- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
It's been a great week at the SEMO District Fair. The weather has been perfect, and the food, rides and entertainment have contributed to a fun atmosphere. Tonight kicks off another facet of the eight-day event many in the area enjoy: musical entertainment.
The 11th annual Heartland Idol Karaoke Finals starts at 7 p.m. today. This free grandstand event is always a good showing of area talent. Whether you know one of the finalists or simply want to hear great music, we hope you come out.
Country music star Gretchen Wilson will take the stage Thursday night. Travis Tritt follows Friday evening. And wrapping up this year's lineup Saturday is Colt Ford. All three concerts begin at 8 p.m. Ticket prices for the Wilson and Tritt concerts are $30. Tickets for the Ford performance are $20. Concert tickets may be purchased in advance by calling 334-9250 and include fair admission. As of Wednesday morning tickets were available for all three concerts.
Congratulations to the SEMO District Fair Board on once again booking some great acts. We hope you consider attending.