- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
It's been a great week at the SEMO District Fair. The weather has been perfect, and the food, rides and entertainment have contributed to a fun atmosphere. Tonight kicks off another facet of the eight-day event many in the area enjoy: musical entertainment.
The 11th annual Heartland Idol Karaoke Finals starts at 7 p.m. today. This free grandstand event is always a good showing of area talent. Whether you know one of the finalists or simply want to hear great music, we hope you come out.
Country music star Gretchen Wilson will take the stage Thursday night. Travis Tritt follows Friday evening. And wrapping up this year's lineup Saturday is Colt Ford. All three concerts begin at 8 p.m. Ticket prices for the Wilson and Tritt concerts are $30. Tickets for the Ford performance are $20. Concert tickets may be purchased in advance by calling 334-9250 and include fair admission. As of Wednesday morning tickets were available for all three concerts.
Congratulations to the SEMO District Fair Board on once again booking some great acts. We hope you consider attending.