- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)4
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Rabies confirmed in Cape County after person bitten by bat (5/26/17)
- Judge denies dismissal motion; embattled sheriff remains out of office for now (5/28/17)1
- Man with prior sex convictions charged with abuse of a child 10 years ago (5/25/17)2
- New features at Cape Splash geared for kids; revenue has exceeded costs by more than $200K (5/24/17)1
It's been a great week at the SEMO District Fair. The weather has been perfect, and the food, rides and entertainment have contributed to a fun atmosphere. Tonight kicks off another facet of the eight-day event many in the area enjoy: musical entertainment.
The 11th annual Heartland Idol Karaoke Finals starts at 7 p.m. today. This free grandstand event is always a good showing of area talent. Whether you know one of the finalists or simply want to hear great music, we hope you come out.
Country music star Gretchen Wilson will take the stage Thursday night. Travis Tritt follows Friday evening. And wrapping up this year's lineup Saturday is Colt Ford. All three concerts begin at 8 p.m. Ticket prices for the Wilson and Tritt concerts are $30. Tickets for the Ford performance are $20. Concert tickets may be purchased in advance by calling 334-9250 and include fair admission. As of Wednesday morning tickets were available for all three concerts.
Congratulations to the SEMO District Fair Board on once again booking some great acts. We hope you consider attending.