- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
It's been a great week at the SEMO District Fair. The weather has been perfect, and the food, rides and entertainment have contributed to a fun atmosphere. Tonight kicks off another facet of the eight-day event many in the area enjoy: musical entertainment.
The 11th annual Heartland Idol Karaoke Finals starts at 7 p.m. today. This free grandstand event is always a good showing of area talent. Whether you know one of the finalists or simply want to hear great music, we hope you come out.
Country music star Gretchen Wilson will take the stage Thursday night. Travis Tritt follows Friday evening. And wrapping up this year's lineup Saturday is Colt Ford. All three concerts begin at 8 p.m. Ticket prices for the Wilson and Tritt concerts are $30. Tickets for the Ford performance are $20. Concert tickets may be purchased in advance by calling 334-9250 and include fair admission. As of Wednesday morning tickets were available for all three concerts.
Congratulations to the SEMO District Fair Board on once again booking some great acts. We hope you consider attending.