- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)9
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
You've Earned a Say Tour At SEMO District Fair
On Tuesday, September 11, 2012, AARP's You've Earned a Say Tour will make a stop at the Southeast Missouri District Fair in Cape Girardeau to bring the national conversation about the future of Social Security and Medicare to the community. From 11 a.m. until 10 p.m., visitors can visit the Tour that will be located at 410 Kiwanis Drive on the fairgrounds.
While visiting the Tour trailer, individuals will have an opportunity to experience interactive games, straightforward information about Medicare and Social Security proposals in Washington, and the opportunity to share their thoughts about retirement security and health care.
The Tour will travel across the nation in two 28-foot trailers equipped with six iPads and a photo booth. The iPads will offer users a series of activities, including our online questionnaire, a quiz game, and our online Social Security/Medicare tools and activist pages. The photo booth will allow audience members to record short videos and upload them to the You've Earned a Say (YEAS) website "Pinboard." Guests will also have the chance to win small prizes.
YEAS Tour trailers will also have a canopy-covered outdoor area where AARP staff will engage with guests and encourage them to take literature home to share with friends, family and loved ones.