- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Man, shot in shoulder, reports incident in person to Cape police
The man walked into the Cape Girardeau Police Department at about 3:30 a.m. Sunday to report a shooting -- his own.
A 37-year-old area man told police he had been shot near his right shoulder following an altercation in south Cape Girardeau, according to the department's Sgt. Adam Glueck. Police initially received a call reporting that shots had been fired on South Benton Street. Shortly after that, the victim walked into the police station and confirmed it.
"He just walked inside and said he'd been shot," Glueck said.
The victim told police that shortly after he got into a fight, he got into his vehicle and was shot -- either by the person he had been in a fight with or someone else, Glueck said. Police are still investigating the matter, but Glueck said no arrests had been made as of late Sunday.
The victim was transported by ambulance to a local hospital where he was treated for his injury.
South Benton Street, Cape Girardeau, Mo.