- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BREWER, Mo. -- Novona M. "Sis" Mattingly, 85, of Brewer died Friday, Sept. 7, 2012, at Independence Care Center of Perry County.
She was born Nov. 7, 1926, in St. Louis, daughter of Edward Sr. and Mary Leona Siebert Wengert. She and Cullen Joseph Mattingly were married Nov. 23, 1946. He survives in Perryville, Mo.
Mrs. Mattingly was a homemaker; she had worked at Prince Gardner for eight years. Sis did cooking and catering with her sister-in-law Adele Wengert. Sis was an avid quilter-seamstress and loved gardening. She was a member of Christ the Savior Catholic Church in Brewer, Blessed Sacrament Sodality, American Legion Auxiliary and VFW Auxiliary.
Survivors include two sons and three daughters: Kenneth (Sandra) Mattingly of Brewer, Karen (Michael) Ernst of Perryville, Lee Ann Mattingly of Cape Girardeau, Richard (Jeanne) Mattingly of Brewer, Cheryl (Roy) Braeuner of Frohna, Mo., and one daughter-in-law, Phyllis Mattingly of Brewer; three brothers and four sisters, Edward Jr. (Adele) Wengert and James (Judy) Wengert, both of Brewer, Glen Rose Renaud of Perryville, Shirley Wilson of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., Charles "Bill" (Norma) Wengert, Betty Brewer and Joyce (Jim) Regelsperger, all of Perryville; 14 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; one son, Lawrence Mattingly; and two brothers-in-law, Leroy Wilson and Elmer Renaud.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 9:45 a.m. Monday at Young and Sons Funeral Home. The rosary will be said at 8:15 a.m. Monday.
Funeral Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday at Christ the Savior Catholic Church in Brewer, with the Rev. Bill Rhinehart officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Memorials are preferred for Christ the Savior Cemetery, Masses or the Alzheimer's Association.