- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Body found in Stoddard County
DEXTER, Mo. -- A body was found off County Road 403 just north of Dexter just after 4 p.m. Thursday, authorities said Friday.
The Stoddard County Sheriff's Department is investigating, but Sheriff Carl Hefner said foul play is not suspected at this time.
Authorities could not confirm if the body was male or female or the approximate age. The body was sent to the St. Louis Medical Examiner's Office.
Hefner activated the Stoddard County Major Case Squad. The Missouri State Highway Patrol and Stoddard County Coroner Aaron Mathis were also on scene.