- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Lady, I hope you enjoy the money you lifted from our cash box from our yard sale Aug. 25. You have to stoop pretty low to take money from people, but you don't have a conscience anyway. You'll pay one day.
I noticed Sunday morning, my mailbox had been knocked off its post. I thought I would call my son after worship service and have him fix it for me. But some really nice person from the neighborhood fixed it while we were gone. Whoever you are, thank you. I really appreciate it and so does my son. Have a great week.
Politicians, please take down your signs. Thank you.
There is a movie on in the Cape West Cinema called "2016." I saw this movie Aug. 26. This movie should be seen by everyone.
I just wanted to comment on the RINO, Republican in Name Only, members of the Cape Girardeau City Council trying to pass invasive and exploitive laws that do nothing except eliminate housing for the low income. I find it particularly interesting the one who is going to become the state representative, running under a conservative banner, is also going to be involved in very liberal and progressive ideas. Certainly not in my mind what Republicans should be doing.
I do not believe the prisoner John Walker Lindh should be allowed to have group prayer in his prison. I certainly don't want a group of Taliban gathering for prayer in a prison.