- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jackson man injured in accident on I-55
A Jackson man is in critical condition at a local hospital after his motorcycle was rear-ended on Interstate 55 near Cape Girardeau on Saturday.
The accident occurred just north of the 100 mile marker on southbound I-55.
Around 4 p.m. a Toyota Highlander struck the back of the Yamaha V-Star motorcycle, said Cape Girardeau Police Department crash investigator David Valentine. It is undetermined how the accident happened and it remains under investigation, he said.
The driver of the motorcycle sustained life-threatening injuries while the driver of the Highlander was not injured, Valentine said.
Interstate 55, Cape Girardeau, Mo.