- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Abernathy - 50 Years
Mr. and Mrs. George "Kelly" Abernathy of Friedheim celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a dinner Aug. 17, 2012, at The Water's Edge in Gordonville. Hosts were their children.
Abernathy and Louisa "Liz" Ross were married Aug. 15, 1962, at Zalma, by the Rev. Lacey. Their attendants were their parents.
The couple has two children, Aaron Abernathy of Jackson and Brian Abernathy (Rhonda) of Ft. Bragg, N.C. They have four grandchildren, Zach, Megan, Natalie and Ashley.