- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Crabtree - Essner
Tabatha Ann Crabtree and Wayne Thomas Essner were married Sept. 3, 2011, at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso, Mo. The Rev. Oliver Clavin performed the ceremony. Organist was Geri Beussink of Jackson. Vocalists were Adam Cox of Cape Girardeau and Katelynn James of Jackson, cousin of the groom.
The bride is the daughter of Gayla Crabtree of Cape Girardeau, and the late Michael Crabtree. The groom is the son of Ralph and Donna Essner of Kelso.
Matron of honor was Stephanie Friend of Kelso, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Kim Warner of St. Louis; Amy Augustine of Cape Girardeau; Julie Gowin of Dallas, Texas; Emily Witvoet of Cape Girardeau; Sarah Mirgaux of Kelso; Amanda Essner of Kelso, sister of the groom; and Andrea Crabtree of Jackson, sister-in-law of the bride.
Todd Friend of Kelso, cousin of the groom, was best man. Groomsmen were Ethan Essner of Kelso, brother of the groom; Ryan Oller of Kelso; Jacob Essner of St. Louis and Cody Essner of Kelso, cousins of the groom; Adam Prasanphanich of Atlanta, Ga.; and Tony Essner of Kelso, cousin of the groom. Ushers were Cody and Tony Essner.
Candlelighters were Amanda Essner and Andrea Crabtree.
Flower girls were Sophia Crabtree, niece of the bride; Brooke Witvoet; and Samantha Hope, cousin of the groom. Ringbearer was Owen Augustine. Sophia is the daughter of Scott Crabtree and Gina Crabtree of Jackson. Brooke is the daughter of Drew and Emily Witvoet. Samantha is the daughter of Kevin and Alice Hope of Oak Ridge. Owen is the son of Jeff and Amy Augustine.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City.
The rehearsal dinner was held Sept. 2 at Kelso City Hall, hosted by the groom's parents.
Mrs. Essner received a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Southeast Missouri State University. She is employed by Cargill in Cordova, Tenn.
The groom received a bachelor of science degree in agri-business from Southeast. He is plant manager at Cargill in Charleston, Mo.
After a wedding trip to Playa Mujeres, Mexico, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.