- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Your Generosity 9/9/12
US Bank donates $1,200 to Habitat for Humanity
US Bank donated $1,200 to Habitat for Humanity. US Bancorp Foundation donates to organizations that offer support to programs that improve the educational and economic opportunities of low- and moderate-income families. Pictured from left are Stan Penn, regional president at US Bank, Justin Kertz, executive director at Habitat for Humanity, and Jim Ham, vice president at US Bank.
Nordenia USA donates to United Way
Nordenia USA and employees donated $48,785.92 to the 2011 United Way annual campaign. Pictured are Bob Burnham, left, Donna Wikel, Rhonda Bolton, Danny Borgfield and Donni McClinton.
Music on the Lawn proceeds given to charities
Grace United Methodist Church held its annual Music on the Lawn event Aug. 18. Following a picnic-type supper, musical entertainment was provided by Ryan Corn, Brad Davis, Kacy Oldsen and the Grace Journey Praise Band. All proceeds from the evening will be divided between the Safe House for Women and the Southeast Missouri Food Bank.
Golf tournament benefits patients at Saint Francis
More than 260 golfers and 40 volunteers turned out for the 25th annual Friends of Saint Francis Benefit Golf Tournament on Aug. 24 at Bent Creek Golf Course. Funds raised support patients and their families at Saint Francis Medical Center. Through the funds raised at this tournament, The Friends of Saint Francis have supported numerous endeavors at the hospital, such as awareness efforts for women's heart disease, cancer care, the Children's Rooftop Garden and the Parents With Hope fund. This year's contributions benefited Friends Helping Friends 2012 in support of patients and their families.