- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Walk to End Alzheimer's set for Saturday
The Walk to End Alzheimer's will be held at 8 a.m. Saturday at Cape County North Park in Cape Girardeau. For more information or to start or join a team, call Stephanie Rohlfs at 800.272.3900, email her at Stephanie.Rohlfs-Young@alz.org or visit alz.org.
Concert to benefit man with leukemia
A benefit concert for Kevin Herren, recently diagnosed with leukemia, and his family will be at 7 p.m. Saturday in the Educational Center at Shawnee Community College in Ullin Ill. Entertainment will be by bands Fare Thee Well and No Compromise. All proceeds will go to the family to help with expenses. For more information, call 618-521-4883.
Perryville youth group holding dinner
Immanuel Lutheran Church of Perryville Youth Group will hold its annual dinner and auction at 4:30 p.m. Sept. 29 at the Knights of Columbus hall in Perryville, Mo. Dinner tickets are $30 and proceeds will be used to raise funds for teens events. Menu includes steak, pork and all the trimmings as well as a free wine tasting. Donation items for the auction are being accepted and are tax-deductible. For more information, go to www.immanuel-perryville.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class reunion scheduled for Sept. 29
The class reunion for Illmo, Fornfelt, Ancell and Scott City for the graduating classes of 1937 to 1973, has been scheduled for Sept. 29 at the Bavarian Halle in Jackson. Registration begins from 4 to 6 p.m., with dinner to start at 7 p.m. For more information, call Gary Miller at 264-4726 or 579-2874 or Sandy Spinks at 243-1368.
Jackson Immanuel Lutheran Church supper
Immanuel Lutheran Church of Jackson will hold its church supper at 4 p.m. Sept. 30 on 496 State Highway F. The cost is $9 for adults, $5 for children ages 6 to 12, and children 6 and under are free. A portion of the proceeds will go to benefit St. Jude's Children Hospital in Memphis, Tenn. For more information, call 243-0132.
Community Counseling benefit golf tournament
The Community Counseling Center Foundation will hold the 13th annual benefit golf tournament Friday, Oct. 5 at the Cape Girardeau Country Club. Lunch is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. and tee-off is for 1 p.m. Tournament fee is $120 per player and includes 18 holes of golf, lunch provided by Texas Roadhouse, cart and beverages during the tournament. All proceeds will go to the Community Counseling Center Foundation to support treatment of mental illness. For more information, call 339-6512 or email email@example.com.
HealthPoint holding open house bash
HealthPoint Fitness openhouse birthday bash will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 15 at either location. People can learn about HealthPoint, get free sports injury screenings and injury prevention tips and register for door prizes. For more information, call 986-4400 or 243-2211, or go to SEhealth.org/HealthPoint.
Lesson on healthy tailgating foods
HealthPoint nutritional services coordinator Raina Childers will provide examples of healthy yet tasty tailgating foods from 6 to 7:15 p.m. Sept. 17 Cost is $3 for HealthPoint members and $5 for nonmembers. Call 986-4440 to register.