- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Perryville man accused of selling morphine pill near school
A Perryville, Mo., man faces a felony charge of distributing a controlled substance near a school for selling a 100-miligram morphine pill to a confidential informant, the Perry County Sheriff's Department said Thursday.
Adam M. Hahn, 23, was arrested Sept. 1 and is being held on a $50,000 cash-only bond. The charge is a class A felony, which carries a punishment range of 10 to 30 years or life imprisonment without parole if the defendant is a persistent drug offender. Hahn is already awaiting two trials in February for felony child abuse and for first-degree burglary and property damage.
In this drug case, a counsel status hearing has been set for Sept. 11 before Judge Michael Bullerdieck.