- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)3
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
SEMO District Fair
When you think of the SEMO District Fair, what comes to mind?
Is it the visual picture of the rides that light up the evening sky?
Is it the auditory memories of music? Is it the nostalgic feel of the agricultural activities?
Is it the smell of the guilty-pleasure food wafting through the midway?
One of the best things about the fair is the variety of things that people can do there. In today's Southeast Missourian, you can find a story that outlines many of the different possibilities. You can also go to semoevents.com or semofair.com to find out what's going on so you can plan your outings. Be sure to check the Southeast Missourian and semissourian.com for stories and photos throughout the week.
Things officially get going on Saturday. The grandstand events include concerts by country stars Gretchen Wilson, Travis Tritt and Colton Ford. And the 11th annual Heartland Idol Karaoke Finals will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
The fair always ushers in the fall season in Southeast Missouri. With all of the things to see, hear, taste and remember, it's no wonder the fair draws 100,000 people every year to Arena Park. We look forward to seeing you there.