- Emergency c-section on dead mother saves baby following I-55 wreck (05/15/16)19
- Police charge Perryville man with statutory rape of two underage girls (05/17/16)
- Big drug haul made during Cape Girardeau bust (05/17/16)11
- Cape businessman pleads guilty to food-stamp fraud (05/17/16)14
- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)39
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)10
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Area farmer pleads guilty to fraud (05/18/16)1
- Perryville man accused of grabbing woman around throat, pulling out her hair (05/18/16)1
- Suspected drunk driver facing felony charges after couple dies in crash (05/16/16)
SEMO District Fair
When you think of the SEMO District Fair, what comes to mind?
Is it the visual picture of the rides that light up the evening sky?
Is it the auditory memories of music? Is it the nostalgic feel of the agricultural activities?
Is it the smell of the guilty-pleasure food wafting through the midway?
One of the best things about the fair is the variety of things that people can do there. In today's Southeast Missourian, you can find a story that outlines many of the different possibilities. You can also go to semoevents.com or semofair.com to find out what's going on so you can plan your outings. Be sure to check the Southeast Missourian and semissourian.com for stories and photos throughout the week.
Things officially get going on Saturday. The grandstand events include concerts by country stars Gretchen Wilson, Travis Tritt and Colton Ford. And the 11th annual Heartland Idol Karaoke Finals will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
The fair always ushers in the fall season in Southeast Missouri. With all of the things to see, hear, taste and remember, it's no wonder the fair draws 100,000 people every year to Arena Park. We look forward to seeing you there.