- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
SEMO District Fair
When you think of the SEMO District Fair, what comes to mind?
Is it the visual picture of the rides that light up the evening sky?
Is it the auditory memories of music? Is it the nostalgic feel of the agricultural activities?
Is it the smell of the guilty-pleasure food wafting through the midway?
One of the best things about the fair is the variety of things that people can do there. In today's Southeast Missourian, you can find a story that outlines many of the different possibilities. You can also go to semoevents.com or semofair.com to find out what's going on so you can plan your outings. Be sure to check the Southeast Missourian and semissourian.com for stories and photos throughout the week.
Things officially get going on Saturday. The grandstand events include concerts by country stars Gretchen Wilson, Travis Tritt and Colton Ford. And the 11th annual Heartland Idol Karaoke Finals will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
The fair always ushers in the fall season in Southeast Missouri. With all of the things to see, hear, taste and remember, it's no wonder the fair draws 100,000 people every year to Arena Park. We look forward to seeing you there.