- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)16
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Celebrating Levi's Life and Sharing with others
Sunday September 16th is a VERY SPECIAL DAY and would have been Levi Collom's 4th birthday. Levi died March 18th 2012 of a sudden unexplained death. Levi's family wants to celebrate Levi's life on this day with family, friends, and supporters.
Levi's mother Ellie Collom states, " to help our family to get through this very emotional day we wish to see smiles and hear children's laughter".
The Discovery Playhouse where Levi loved to play is helping us celebrate Levi's life! The price of admittance is reduced to $3 per person and anyone who joins as annual member on Sept 16, will receive a $5 discount.
Levi's family is planning lot's of activities, including a scavenger hunt, crafts, face painting by the artist Aaron Horrell, mini cupcakes will be made by You Take the Cake decorator Laura Waters, outdoor games and outdoor demonstration by Arrow Head Fred.
Levi's family is comminted to raise money to construct an exhibit that combines his love for camping at Current River with his family and his love of the Discovery Playhouse. You will see a preview of some of the some of the elements being considered for Levi's Adventure Trail. Levi's exhibit will be outdoors on the north outside of the building. Learn more about Levi, his family, and special events go to Levi's Facebook page LeviStephenCollomFund and on line donations may be made on razoo.com.
Meet a new super hero, who will be assisting Lightning Speed Levi and his Adventure Crew as they help along the trail, with educational messages, tips on the environment, healthy lifestyle, good manners, and respect for others.
Levi's family has available "VIP" passes for families who may not have the resources to attend the event. If you know of a family with small children who would appreciate a VIP pass for this event call Ellen Collom 573-380-0948. Local leaders, pastors and organizations are being asked to help identify families to benefit from the VIP passes. Ellie Collom added, "Levi was a very giving child, always sharing with other children and in his honor we want to see that all children have the opportunity to share in the enjoyment which Levi had experienced during his many visits to the Discovery Playhouse".