- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)3
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Jackson School District giving away bricks from 'Old A' building (6/23/17)2
Celebrating Levi's Life and Sharing with others
Sunday September 16th is a VERY SPECIAL DAY and would have been Levi Collom's 4th birthday. Levi died March 18th 2012 of a sudden unexplained death. Levi's family wants to celebrate Levi's life on this day with family, friends, and supporters.
Levi's mother Ellie Collom states, " to help our family to get through this very emotional day we wish to see smiles and hear children's laughter".
The Discovery Playhouse where Levi loved to play is helping us celebrate Levi's life! The price of admittance is reduced to $3 per person and anyone who joins as annual member on Sept 16, will receive a $5 discount.
Levi's family is planning lot's of activities, including a scavenger hunt, crafts, face painting by the artist Aaron Horrell, mini cupcakes will be made by You Take the Cake decorator Laura Waters, outdoor games and outdoor demonstration by Arrow Head Fred.
Levi's family is comminted to raise money to construct an exhibit that combines his love for camping at Current River with his family and his love of the Discovery Playhouse. You will see a preview of some of the some of the elements being considered for Levi's Adventure Trail. Levi's exhibit will be outdoors on the north outside of the building. Learn more about Levi, his family, and special events go to Levi's Facebook page LeviStephenCollomFund and on line donations may be made on razoo.com.
Meet a new super hero, who will be assisting Lightning Speed Levi and his Adventure Crew as they help along the trail, with educational messages, tips on the environment, healthy lifestyle, good manners, and respect for others.
Levi's family has available "VIP" passes for families who may not have the resources to attend the event. If you know of a family with small children who would appreciate a VIP pass for this event call Ellen Collom 573-380-0948. Local leaders, pastors and organizations are being asked to help identify families to benefit from the VIP passes. Ellie Collom added, "Levi was a very giving child, always sharing with other children and in his honor we want to see that all children have the opportunity to share in the enjoyment which Levi had experienced during his many visits to the Discovery Playhouse".