- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
SoutheastHEALTH Reduces Imaging Prices
As part of its ongoing commitment to provide value and high quality healthcare services to the region, SoutheastHEALTH President and CEO Wayne Smith announced on Tuesday, Sept. 4, that Southeast is significantly reducing pricing for a number of Imaging services at SoutheastHEALTH.
"Effective September 1, we lowered the majority of our prices for MRI, CT, Diagnostic X-ray and Ultrasound," Smith said.
As examples, Smith said the prices for a MRI study of the lumbar spine (lower back) and a CT study of the head have been reduced by 60 percent. The majority of price reductions are between 50 and 60 percent. Individuals have different deductibles, but most will see a considerable decrease in out-of-pocket expenses for these and other imaging studies.
"This price reduction is consistent with our commitment to be the region's preferred and value-based provider offering excellent medical services close to home," Smith said. "This is a community benefit for families and employers."
"As we identify additional price-saving measures, we look forward to passing along reductions for other services so patients and employers can realize further savings," he said.
Patients will continue to have convenient access to Imaging services at Southeast Hospital, Southeast Medical Plaza at 1723 Broadway, Southeast Medical Plaza on our West Campus at 817 South Mount Auburn Road and Southeast Cardiac Imaging at Cardiovascular Consultants, 371 South Broadview.
Imaging studies will continue to be read by the highly experienced, board-certified physicians at Cape Radiology Group.
Imaging services at SoutheastHEALTH are of the highest quality. One hundred percent of SoutheastHEALTH's radiologic technologists are certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists for the modality in which they work. The Hospital also holds American College of Radiology accreditation.