- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Mothershead an inspiration
Our community was saddened by the loss of Kimberly V. Mothershead last week. On behalf of Southeast Missouri State University athletics and the Walk for Women's Athletics, I would like to extend my heartfelt sorrow to her family and friends.
Kim was an inspiration and light of hope for all who knew her. Her inspiration, support and passion helped establish the walk, an annual event at Southeast Missouri State University that celebrates women's athletics and raises money to provide scholarships for young men and women. This year will mark the sixth year for this event, and I will always be grateful for the support that Kim provided to establish this event. Kim chose to dream as if she would live forever and each year as the walk is celebrated we will always be reminded of the inspiration she provided.
Thank you, Kim, and may God bless your family and friends as we will always be thankful for having you.
With heartfelt gratitude,
CINDY GANNON, sr. associate athletic director, Women's Walk coordinator, Cape Girardeau