- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Mothershead an inspiration
Our community was saddened by the loss of Kimberly V. Mothershead last week. On behalf of Southeast Missouri State University athletics and the Walk for Women's Athletics, I would like to extend my heartfelt sorrow to her family and friends.
Kim was an inspiration and light of hope for all who knew her. Her inspiration, support and passion helped establish the walk, an annual event at Southeast Missouri State University that celebrates women's athletics and raises money to provide scholarships for young men and women. This year will mark the sixth year for this event, and I will always be grateful for the support that Kim provided to establish this event. Kim chose to dream as if she would live forever and each year as the walk is celebrated we will always be reminded of the inspiration she provided.
Thank you, Kim, and may God bless your family and friends as we will always be thankful for having you.
With heartfelt gratitude,
CINDY GANNON, sr. associate athletic director, Women's Walk coordinator, Cape Girardeau