- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Mothershead an inspiration
Our community was saddened by the loss of Kimberly V. Mothershead last week. On behalf of Southeast Missouri State University athletics and the Walk for Women's Athletics, I would like to extend my heartfelt sorrow to her family and friends.
Kim was an inspiration and light of hope for all who knew her. Her inspiration, support and passion helped establish the walk, an annual event at Southeast Missouri State University that celebrates women's athletics and raises money to provide scholarships for young men and women. This year will mark the sixth year for this event, and I will always be grateful for the support that Kim provided to establish this event. Kim chose to dream as if she would live forever and each year as the walk is celebrated we will always be reminded of the inspiration she provided.
Thank you, Kim, and may God bless your family and friends as we will always be thankful for having you.
With heartfelt gratitude,
CINDY GANNON, sr. associate athletic director, Women's Walk coordinator, Cape Girardeau