- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
Mothershead an inspiration
Our community was saddened by the loss of Kimberly V. Mothershead last week. On behalf of Southeast Missouri State University athletics and the Walk for Women's Athletics, I would like to extend my heartfelt sorrow to her family and friends.
Kim was an inspiration and light of hope for all who knew her. Her inspiration, support and passion helped establish the walk, an annual event at Southeast Missouri State University that celebrates women's athletics and raises money to provide scholarships for young men and women. This year will mark the sixth year for this event, and I will always be grateful for the support that Kim provided to establish this event. Kim chose to dream as if she would live forever and each year as the walk is celebrated we will always be reminded of the inspiration she provided.
Thank you, Kim, and may God bless your family and friends as we will always be thankful for having you.
With heartfelt gratitude,
CINDY GANNON, sr. associate athletic director, Women's Walk coordinator, Cape Girardeau