- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
Mothershead an inspiration
Our community was saddened by the loss of Kimberly V. Mothershead last week. On behalf of Southeast Missouri State University athletics and the Walk for Women's Athletics, I would like to extend my heartfelt sorrow to her family and friends.
Kim was an inspiration and light of hope for all who knew her. Her inspiration, support and passion helped establish the walk, an annual event at Southeast Missouri State University that celebrates women's athletics and raises money to provide scholarships for young men and women. This year will mark the sixth year for this event, and I will always be grateful for the support that Kim provided to establish this event. Kim chose to dream as if she would live forever and each year as the walk is celebrated we will always be reminded of the inspiration she provided.
Thank you, Kim, and may God bless your family and friends as we will always be thankful for having you.
With heartfelt gratitude,
CINDY GANNON, sr. associate athletic director, Women's Walk coordinator, Cape Girardeau