- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Armstrong to be Guest Speaker at HWG
The Heartland Writer's Guild (HWG) will meet at 2pm on Sunday, June 16th at the Steck House, next door to the First Presbyterian Church 206 E. Washington Street (near the Courthouse - signs at the corner of the highway and at the House) in Jackson. Carl Armstrong will be guest speaker. His newest book Rivers of Creativity was recently published via CreateSpace.
Mr. Armstrong will discuss his experience with this fast, efficient and economical publishing process that - due to today's technology - bypasses the middlemen in yesteryear's scenarios. Advantages include no minimum inventory, worldwide availability, and maximum royalties. He says this process has it's perils as well as it's rewards. Nevertheless it is a way for young authors to get their ideas into book form.
Visitors are always welcome at the monthly HWG meetings. Looking ahead to October the Fall Field Trip will be to the River Heritage Museum in Cape Girardeau. More about that later. For information about HWG and it's goals and opportunities see www.heartlandwriters.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for answers to your questions.