- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)7
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)79
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
Armstrong to be Guest Speaker at HWG
The Heartland Writer's Guild (HWG) will meet at 2pm on Sunday, June 16th at the Steck House, next door to the First Presbyterian Church 206 E. Washington Street (near the Courthouse - signs at the corner of the highway and at the House) in Jackson. Carl Armstrong will be guest speaker. His newest book Rivers of Creativity was recently published via CreateSpace.
Mr. Armstrong will discuss his experience with this fast, efficient and economical publishing process that - due to today's technology - bypasses the middlemen in yesteryear's scenarios. Advantages include no minimum inventory, worldwide availability, and maximum royalties. He says this process has it's perils as well as it's rewards. Nevertheless it is a way for young authors to get their ideas into book form.
Visitors are always welcome at the monthly HWG meetings. Looking ahead to October the Fall Field Trip will be to the River Heritage Museum in Cape Girardeau. More about that later. For information about HWG and it's goals and opportunities see www.heartlandwriters.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for answers to your questions.