- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
Armstrong to be Guest Speaker at HWG
The Heartland Writer's Guild (HWG) will meet at 2pm on Sunday, June 16th at the Steck House, next door to the First Presbyterian Church 206 E. Washington Street (near the Courthouse - signs at the corner of the highway and at the House) in Jackson. Carl Armstrong will be guest speaker. His newest book Rivers of Creativity was recently published via CreateSpace.
Mr. Armstrong will discuss his experience with this fast, efficient and economical publishing process that - due to today's technology - bypasses the middlemen in yesteryear's scenarios. Advantages include no minimum inventory, worldwide availability, and maximum royalties. He says this process has it's perils as well as it's rewards. Nevertheless it is a way for young authors to get their ideas into book form.
Visitors are always welcome at the monthly HWG meetings. Looking ahead to October the Fall Field Trip will be to the River Heritage Museum in Cape Girardeau. More about that later. For information about HWG and it's goals and opportunities see www.heartlandwriters.org or e-mail email@example.com for answers to your questions.