- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Armstrong to be Guest Speaker at HWG
The Heartland Writer's Guild (HWG) will meet at 2pm on Sunday, June 16th at the Steck House, next door to the First Presbyterian Church 206 E. Washington Street (near the Courthouse - signs at the corner of the highway and at the House) in Jackson. Carl Armstrong will be guest speaker. His newest book Rivers of Creativity was recently published via CreateSpace.
Mr. Armstrong will discuss his experience with this fast, efficient and economical publishing process that - due to today's technology - bypasses the middlemen in yesteryear's scenarios. Advantages include no minimum inventory, worldwide availability, and maximum royalties. He says this process has it's perils as well as it's rewards. Nevertheless it is a way for young authors to get their ideas into book form.
Visitors are always welcome at the monthly HWG meetings. Looking ahead to October the Fall Field Trip will be to the River Heritage Museum in Cape Girardeau. More about that later. For information about HWG and it's goals and opportunities see www.heartlandwriters.org or e-mail email@example.com for answers to your questions.