- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)27
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Armstrong to be Guest Speaker at HWG
The Heartland Writer's Guild (HWG) will meet at 2pm on Sunday, June 16th at the Steck House, next door to the First Presbyterian Church 206 E. Washington Street (near the Courthouse - signs at the corner of the highway and at the House) in Jackson. Carl Armstrong will be guest speaker. His newest book Rivers of Creativity was recently published via CreateSpace.
Mr. Armstrong will discuss his experience with this fast, efficient and economical publishing process that - due to today's technology - bypasses the middlemen in yesteryear's scenarios. Advantages include no minimum inventory, worldwide availability, and maximum royalties. He says this process has it's perils as well as it's rewards. Nevertheless it is a way for young authors to get their ideas into book form.
Visitors are always welcome at the monthly HWG meetings. Looking ahead to October the Fall Field Trip will be to the River Heritage Museum in Cape Girardeau. More about that later. For information about HWG and it's goals and opportunities see www.heartlandwriters.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for answers to your questions.