- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
River City Players Ready For Opening Night...
The third show of the 2012 season is upon us. "The Smell of the Kill" by Michelle Lowe and directed by Holly Raines will open on September 14. This is a mystery comedy and can be enjoyed by ages 12 and up. RCP has not done a show of this type where there are six characters but you only see the three women on stage. The three men deliver all of their lines off stage and they never make an apperance on the set. This makes for a very entertaining production. The dinner show dates are September 14, 15, 21, and 22. The doors will open at 6:30 with dinner at 7:00 and the show at 8:00. The show only will be Thursday, September 20 with doors opening at 6:30 and the show at 7:00. To make reservations call Port Cape @ 573-334-0954. Please come out and support your Community Theatre.