- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Daughter to William "BJ" Smith and Heather Phillips of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Hospital, 12:14 p.m. Friday, Aug. 17, 2012. Name, Elynn Arabella. Weight, 7 pounds, 11 ounces. Third child, first daughter. Ms. Phillips is the daughter of Stephen Franklin and Tammy Phillips of Cape Girardeau. She is manager of Frontier Star LLC. Smith is the son of Danny Smith and Nadine Smith of Cape Girardeau. He is employed in facilities management at Southeast Missouri State University.
Daughter to Bryan Matthew and Stacy Lynn Stroer of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Hospital, 3:05 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 23, 2012. Name, Natalie Paige. Weight, 8 pounds, 7 ounces. Second daughter. Mrs. Stroer is the former Stacy Zahn, daughter of Terry Zahn of St. Louis. She is a housing specialist with East Missouri Action Agency. Stroer is the son of Richard and Brenda Stroer of Jackson, and the late Ruth Stroer. He is a firefighter with the Cape Girardeau Fire Department.
Son to Dustin Lee and Holly Renee Hoesli of Leopold, Mo., Southeast Hospital, 11:23 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 25, 2012. Name, Blaine Patrick. Weight, 8 pounds, 3 ounces. Third son. Mrs. Hoesli is the former Holly Jansen, daughter of Gerald and Leeann Jansen of Leopold. She is a self-employed child care provider. Hoesli is the son of Ted and Maria Hoesli of Owensboro, Ky. He is an agent with Farm Bureau Insurance.
Son to Eric Michael Beussink and Brook Nicole Pearman of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Hospital, 7:40 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 26, 2012. Name, Connor Lloyd. Weight, 7 pounds, 7 ounces. First child. Ms. Pearman is the daughter of Bonnie and Randy Farrar of Cape Girardeau. Beussink is the son of Glen and Paulette Beussink of Cape Girardeau. He is employed at Ruopp Flooring.
Daughter to Jeffery Lynn and Nicki Diane Browne of Jackson, Southeast Hospital, 1:54 p.m. Monday, Aug. 27, 2012. Name, Mya Lee. Weight, 7 pounds, 5 ounces. Sixth child, third daughter. Mrs. Browne is the former Nicki Moore, daughter of Laura Felty of Jackson and Eddie Moore of East Cape Girardeau, Ill. Browne is the son of Sherry and Steve Vance of Neosho, Mo. He is foreman at G&C Paving in Perryville, Mo.