- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Run/Ride for Ragan
Mark your calendar for the 1st Annual Run/Ride for Ragan, a fundraising biathlon in honor of Ragan Ward Neilson, to be held Oct. 13, 2012. Ragan, a Cape native and daughter of Dr. Robert and Barb Ward, lost her battle with stage four triple negative breast cancer on Oct. 29, 2007. The event will begin at the Boardman/Hutson Pavilion in downtown Cape. The 1-mile Memory/Honor Walk will start at 7 a.m., with the biathlon - a 5K run and 17 mile bike ride - starting at 8 a.m.
All proceeds will benefit local and national organizations that provide breast cancer research, as well as help provide services to those women with breast cancer that can't afford them.
Registration forms can be picked up at Cape Bicycle Cycling and Fitness, Cyclewerx, Fitness Plus, Healthpoint Fitness, Missouri Running Co. and Top of the Line Athletics or found online at www.caperoadrunners.org.
For more information on registration or sponsorships, call
573.450.0545,send and email to email@example.com or visit the event Facebook page at "Run/Ride for Ragan."