- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Run/Ride for Ragan
Mark your calendar for the 1st Annual Run/Ride for Ragan, a fundraising biathlon in honor of Ragan Ward Neilson, to be held Oct. 13, 2012. Ragan, a Cape native and daughter of Dr. Robert and Barb Ward, lost her battle with stage four triple negative breast cancer on Oct. 29, 2007. The event will begin at the Boardman/Hutson Pavilion in downtown Cape. The 1-mile Memory/Honor Walk will start at 7 a.m., with the biathlon - a 5K run and 17 mile bike ride - starting at 8 a.m.
All proceeds will benefit local and national organizations that provide breast cancer research, as well as help provide services to those women with breast cancer that can't afford them.
Registration forms can be picked up at Cape Bicycle Cycling and Fitness, Cyclewerx, Fitness Plus, Healthpoint Fitness, Missouri Running Co. and Top of the Line Athletics or found online at www.caperoadrunners.org.
For more information on registration or sponsorships, call
573.450.0545,send and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the event Facebook page at "Run/Ride for Ragan."