- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
Run/Ride for Ragan
Mark your calendar for the 1st Annual Run/Ride for Ragan, a fundraising biathlon in honor of Ragan Ward Neilson, to be held Oct. 13, 2012. Ragan, a Cape native and daughter of Dr. Robert and Barb Ward, lost her battle with stage four triple negative breast cancer on Oct. 29, 2007. The event will begin at the Boardman/Hutson Pavilion in downtown Cape. The 1-mile Memory/Honor Walk will start at 7 a.m., with the biathlon - a 5K run and 17 mile bike ride - starting at 8 a.m.
All proceeds will benefit local and national organizations that provide breast cancer research, as well as help provide services to those women with breast cancer that can't afford them.
Registration forms can be picked up at Cape Bicycle Cycling and Fitness, Cyclewerx, Fitness Plus, Healthpoint Fitness, Missouri Running Co. and Top of the Line Athletics or found online at www.caperoadrunners.org.
For more information on registration or sponsorships, call
573.450.0545,send and email to email@example.com or visit the event Facebook page at "Run/Ride for Ragan."