- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Missouri Foundation for Health awards grants to local organizations
The Missouri Foundation for Health has awarded grants to three not-for-profit groups in Southeast Missouri.
The Perry County Senior Citizens Center in Perryville, Mo., received $75,000, Southeast Missouri Area Agency on Aging in Cape Girardeau received $150,000 and Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau received $250,000. The foundation's Basic Support program funds operational expenses for health-related not-for-profits' existing salaries, benefits, equipment and supplies.