- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)4
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
John Nolen Stokes, 56, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2012, at his home.
He was born Feb. 1, 1956, in Wyatt, Mo., son of the late John Brashears and Velma Stokes. He and Marie Marshall were married May 11, 1984.
Stokes was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
He was a truck driver 20 years and then a security guard with ABM Security Services. He was of the Pentecostal belief.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Dustin Stokes of Cape Girardeau; four daughters, Christine Sanders of Sikeston, Mo., Sabrina Stokes of the home, Johna Stokes of Park Hills, Mo., Rebecca Park of Cape Girardeau; three brothers, Clifton Stokes and Gene Crader of Texas, Bobby Crader of Jefferson City, Mo.; five sisters, Carol Hardin, Debbie Foster and Jill Payne of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Wilma Houseman of Anniston, Mo., Paula Barnes of Minnesota; and eight grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by two brothers, Paul Crader and Darwin Brashears; and a sister, Linda Burnett.
Visitation will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Monday at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Glenys Duckworth, pastor of Circle City Pentecostal Church, officiating. Burial will be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, with full military honors.
Online condolences may be sent at www.ponderfuneralhome.com.