- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jackson hosts customer appreciation event
The city of Jackson will host the ninth annual Customer Appreciation Day from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 20 at the recycling center, 508 Eastview Court. The event is a way of thanking everyone who participates in Jackson's recycling program. Refreshments will be served, and attendees will have the opportunity to enter to win free curbside recycling. Anyone living within Jackson city limits is eligible to win. Mayor Barbara Lohr and other city officials will be on hand to meet and greet residents and help unload recyclable items. M and J Shredding LLC will offer free paper shredding from 9 a.m. to noon. For more information, contact the Jackson Public Works Department at 243-2300.
508 Eastview Court, Jackson, Mo.