- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Voters come second
I don't know where you have been for the last 50 or so years, but double standards have existed in the politics arena forever.
Name calling and mud slinging is what makes politicians avoid the needs of the American people. The voters have always been second when election time arrives, and as long as we keep them in office for a lifetime we should not complain about our serious living conditions that exist today and will worsen as time goes by.
ROBERT ANDRE GLASPER, Cape Girardeau