- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Voters come second
I don't know where you have been for the last 50 or so years, but double standards have existed in the politics arena forever.
Name calling and mud slinging is what makes politicians avoid the needs of the American people. The voters have always been second when election time arrives, and as long as we keep them in office for a lifetime we should not complain about our serious living conditions that exist today and will worsen as time goes by.
ROBERT ANDRE GLASPER, Cape Girardeau