- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Farewell to a First Lady (7/17/18)4
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Support worker freedom by voting 'yes' on Prop A (7/14/18)
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- Cape city spending thousands to promote commuter flights, boost boardings (7/17/18)5
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
Voters come second
I don't know where you have been for the last 50 or so years, but double standards have existed in the politics arena forever.
Name calling and mud slinging is what makes politicians avoid the needs of the American people. The voters have always been second when election time arrives, and as long as we keep them in office for a lifetime we should not complain about our serious living conditions that exist today and will worsen as time goes by.
ROBERT ANDRE GLASPER, Cape Girardeau