- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
Clippard Elementary receives state award
Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support (SW-PBS) is a systematic approach to creating safer and more effective schools, and Clippard Elementary demonstrated their mastery of the program during the SW-PBS Summer Institute at Tan-Tar-A.
SW-PBS is an initiative of the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Pictured above after receiving the Bronze Award are members of the SW-PBS initiative at Clippard. From the left are Dr. Sydney Herbst, principal; Sue Cook, counselor; Terri Bryan, SPED teacher and team coach; Amy Emmenderfer, literacy specialist; Jill Uhrhan, 4th grade teacher; Stephanie Wessell, 2nd grade teacher; Chris Lacy, kindergarten teacher and team coach; and Dawn Smith, 1st grade teacher.
SW-PBS focuses on three areas: encouraging positive student behavior; preventing disruptive behavior; and tailoring academic strategies to individual student needs. The procedure provides a framework to develop a culture and climate more likely to increase positive social and behavioral skills for students. SW-PBS decreases the likelihood of inappropriate behavioral incidents by providing effective interventions.