- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
3rd Annual Bowling Tournament
The 3rd Annual Bowling Tournament for the Cape Girardeau County Board of Realtors was held Friday, August 24th at Cape West Park Lanes with 17 teams participating. The tournament is an annual event in which realtors come together for an afternoon of fun while helping to raise funds for RPAC and this year a local charity, Mending Hearts.
RPAC (REALTORS® Political Action Committee) helps to: Ensure a vigorous and viable real estate industry; Protect private property rights; Preserve the American dream of home ownership; Advocate for tax reforms and reductions in burdensome regulations; and Adds extra value to realtors membership in the association by ensuring that the REALTOR® stays at the center of the real estate transaction.
Mending Hearts Recovery mission is to provide housing, education, mentoring and continued recovery to females addicted to drugs and alcohol so that they can achieve independence as well as living a drug and alcohol free life.
Area companies and individuals showed their support to the area realtors also by sponsoring lanes and contributing donations to help make the event a success. The money will be split evenly between the two organizations.