- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Jackson School District giving away bricks from 'Old A' building (6/23/17)2
3rd Annual Bowling Tournament
The 3rd Annual Bowling Tournament for the Cape Girardeau County Board of Realtors was held Friday, August 24th at Cape West Park Lanes with 17 teams participating. The tournament is an annual event in which realtors come together for an afternoon of fun while helping to raise funds for RPAC and this year a local charity, Mending Hearts.
RPAC (REALTORSŪ Political Action Committee) helps to: Ensure a vigorous and viable real estate industry; Protect private property rights; Preserve the American dream of home ownership; Advocate for tax reforms and reductions in burdensome regulations; and Adds extra value to realtors membership in the association by ensuring that the REALTORŪ stays at the center of the real estate transaction.
Mending Hearts Recovery mission is to provide housing, education, mentoring and continued recovery to females addicted to drugs and alcohol so that they can achieve independence as well as living a drug and alcohol free life.
Area companies and individuals showed their support to the area realtors also by sponsoring lanes and contributing donations to help make the event a success. The money will be split evenly between the two organizations.