- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)9
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Judge hears Mosby's formerly suppressed confession at Robinson hearing (8/9/17)
- $34 million student housing project on schedule, developer says (8/14/17)2
3rd Annual Bowling Tournament
The 3rd Annual Bowling Tournament for the Cape Girardeau County Board of Realtors was held Friday, August 24th at Cape West Park Lanes with 17 teams participating. The tournament is an annual event in which realtors come together for an afternoon of fun while helping to raise funds for RPAC and this year a local charity, Mending Hearts.
RPAC (REALTORSŪ Political Action Committee) helps to: Ensure a vigorous and viable real estate industry; Protect private property rights; Preserve the American dream of home ownership; Advocate for tax reforms and reductions in burdensome regulations; and Adds extra value to realtors membership in the association by ensuring that the REALTORŪ stays at the center of the real estate transaction.
Mending Hearts Recovery mission is to provide housing, education, mentoring and continued recovery to females addicted to drugs and alcohol so that they can achieve independence as well as living a drug and alcohol free life.
Area companies and individuals showed their support to the area realtors also by sponsoring lanes and contributing donations to help make the event a success. The money will be split evenly between the two organizations.