- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
3rd Annual Bowling Tournament
The 3rd Annual Bowling Tournament for the Cape Girardeau County Board of Realtors was held Friday, August 24th at Cape West Park Lanes with 17 teams participating. The tournament is an annual event in which realtors come together for an afternoon of fun while helping to raise funds for RPAC and this year a local charity, Mending Hearts.
RPAC (REALTORSŪ Political Action Committee) helps to: Ensure a vigorous and viable real estate industry; Protect private property rights; Preserve the American dream of home ownership; Advocate for tax reforms and reductions in burdensome regulations; and Adds extra value to realtors membership in the association by ensuring that the REALTORŪ stays at the center of the real estate transaction.
Mending Hearts Recovery mission is to provide housing, education, mentoring and continued recovery to females addicted to drugs and alcohol so that they can achieve independence as well as living a drug and alcohol free life.
Area companies and individuals showed their support to the area realtors also by sponsoring lanes and contributing donations to help make the event a success. The money will be split evenly between the two organizations.