- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
3rd Annual Bowling Tournament
The 3rd Annual Bowling Tournament for the Cape Girardeau County Board of Realtors was held Friday, August 24th at Cape West Park Lanes with 17 teams participating. The tournament is an annual event in which realtors come together for an afternoon of fun while helping to raise funds for RPAC and this year a local charity, Mending Hearts.
RPAC (REALTORSŪ Political Action Committee) helps to: Ensure a vigorous and viable real estate industry; Protect private property rights; Preserve the American dream of home ownership; Advocate for tax reforms and reductions in burdensome regulations; and Adds extra value to realtors membership in the association by ensuring that the REALTORŪ stays at the center of the real estate transaction.
Mending Hearts Recovery mission is to provide housing, education, mentoring and continued recovery to females addicted to drugs and alcohol so that they can achieve independence as well as living a drug and alcohol free life.
Area companies and individuals showed their support to the area realtors also by sponsoring lanes and contributing donations to help make the event a success. The money will be split evenly between the two organizations.