- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Three injured in one-vehicle Scott County crash
EDITOR'S NOTE: The name of the driver and the age of one person in the vehicle have been corrected.
Three people were injured in a crash on northbound Interstate 55 between Benton, Mo., and Scott City on Tuesday morning, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
The crash happened about 9:30 a.m. when a 2003 Jeep Liberty driven by 37-year-old Lesley Parker of Cape Girardeau ran off the right side of the road, returned to the road, went back off the road and overturned, ejecting Parker.
Parker and her passengers, Rodney L. Coomer, 53, and Margaret A. Fowler, 43, of Benton, were listed as having moderate injuries and were taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. They weren't wearing seat belts, according to the patrol's crash report.
Interstate 55, Benton, Mo.