- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Missouri running back Josey will miss entire season
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri tailback Henry Josey will not play this year after injuring his left knee in November against Texas.
Tigers coach Gary Pinkel made the announcement Monday, adding that Josey is expected to make a full recovery.
Josey tore his ACL, MCL and patellar tendon against the Longhorns, requiring two surgeries -- one following the injury and another in the spring. He led the Tigers with 1,168 yards rushing in 10 games last year, with quarterback James Franklin finishing second with 981 yards.
Kendial Lawrence will start at tailback in Saturday's opener against Southeastern Louisiana. He also began the 2011 season atop the depth chart before breaking his left leg in practice before the team's second game.