- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Rita M. Fenwick, 87, of Perryville died Friday, Aug. 24, 2012, at Independence Care Center.
She was born Feb. 28, 1925, at Biehle, Mo., daughter of August and Agnes Unterreiner Pingel. She married Leroy Fenwick on June 21, 1947, at Perryville. He preceded her in death June 22, 2011.
Rita was a medical technician at American Care Nursing Home in Perryville. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Ministry of Praise, Knights of Columbus Auxiliary and VFW Auxiliary.
She was a spiritual and quiet woman who will be remembered for her love of flowers, preparing delicious meals and baked goods, and sharing these with her family and friends.
Survivors include a son, Patrick (Linda) Fenwick of St. Peters, Mo.; three daughters, Jane (James) Schuessler, Julia A. (Kevin) Comte and Jean (Richard) Schemel, all of Perryville; a brother, Ralph Pingel of Bonne Terre, Mo.; a sister, Ruth Pingel of Springfield, Mo.
Rita was the beloved meema of Katie Fenwick, Brooke (Ahren) Sievers, Lana (Mike) Loehrer, Rebecca Schuessler, Lauren (Chris) Bock, Natalie and Erin Schuessler, Meghan and Nathaniel Comte, Julia and Olivia Schemel; and great-meema of Gavin James Bock.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, a brother and four sisters.
The family will receive friends from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, and from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Thursday at Miller Family Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Thursday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.
The family requests memorials to St. Vincent School Endowment Fund or the American Cancer Society for Oral Cavity and Oropharyngeal Cancer Research.