- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Woman reports armed robbery in Cape
Police were still searching Monday for the male suspect in an armed robbery that took place over the weekend in which a woman reported a cellphone and an undetermined amount of cash taken at gunpoint.
A 20-year-old woman notified the Cape Girardeau Police Department that she had been sitting in her vehicle in the 2800 block of Themis Street Saturday at about 9:40 p.m. when a man knocked on her window and displayed a black pistol, said department spokesman Darin Hickey. He demanded money and then fled with her phone, as well, Hickey said. The man was described as being of average height and medium build, Hickey said. Other descriptive information wasn't available. The investigation is ongoing.
2800 Themis Street, Cape Girardeau, MO