- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Van Pool Addresses IAAP Chapter
Kyle Van Pool, CAP-OM, administrative assistant for the Department of Theater and Dance at Southeast Missouri State University, presented a program on the Southeast Missouri River Campus and offerings by the Theater and Dance Department at the August meeting. Kyle is also a member of the Girardot Chapter of International Association of Administrative Professionals. He discussed upcoming productions and allowed members a "behind the scenes" look through the eyes of an actor, student and administrator.
Girardot Chapter is happy that Kyle was able to give us this look into his position and passion for the theater before he leaves to take a theater position in New York next month! The chapter will continue to offer presentations for recertification credit and also informational sessions of interest to administrative personnel at monthly meetings.
IAAP is an organization for any administrative professional that is seeking professional growth. The International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) is a not-for-profit professional association for office professionals with approximately 28,000 members and affiliates and nearly 600 chapters worldwide. Celebrating its 70th year, IAAP assists office professionals to reach their career goals through education, community building and leadership development. Their certification programs are recognized as the industry standard of proficiency. If you would like to join us as we create a better workplace, one admin at a time, contact Membership chair Sherri Jenkins at 573-651-2112