- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)4
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Rabies confirmed in Cape County after person bitten by bat (5/26/17)
- Judge denies dismissal motion; embattled sheriff remains out of office for now (5/28/17)1
- Man with prior sex convictions charged with abuse of a child 10 years ago (5/25/17)2
- New features at Cape Splash geared for kids; revenue has exceeded costs by more than $200K (5/24/17)1
Van Pool Addresses IAAP Chapter
Kyle Van Pool, CAP-OM, administrative assistant for the Department of Theater and Dance at Southeast Missouri State University, presented a program on the Southeast Missouri River Campus and offerings by the Theater and Dance Department at the August meeting. Kyle is also a member of the Girardot Chapter of International Association of Administrative Professionals. He discussed upcoming productions and allowed members a "behind the scenes" look through the eyes of an actor, student and administrator.
Girardot Chapter is happy that Kyle was able to give us this look into his position and passion for the theater before he leaves to take a theater position in New York next month! The chapter will continue to offer presentations for recertification credit and also informational sessions of interest to administrative personnel at monthly meetings.
IAAP is an organization for any administrative professional that is seeking professional growth. The International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) is a not-for-profit professional association for office professionals with approximately 28,000 members and affiliates and nearly 600 chapters worldwide. Celebrating its 70th year, IAAP assists office professionals to reach their career goals through education, community building and leadership development. Their certification programs are recognized as the industry standard of proficiency. If you would like to join us as we create a better workplace, one admin at a time, contact Membership chair Sherri Jenkins at 573-651-2112