- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Missouri ACT scores identical to last year's
WASHINGTON -- Missouri students performed the same on this year's ACT college-entrance exam as they did in 2011.
Data released Wednesday for the class of 2012 show Missouri's composite score unchanged at 21.6 out of a possible 36. Nationally, the average score was 21.1.
The percentage of Missouri graduates earning scores indicating college readiness was highest in English at 73 percent and lowest in science at 33 percent.
Seventy-five percent of Missouri's 2012 graduates took the exam, compared with 71 percent last year.