- Updated: Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)4
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
David Earl Walker, 81, of Cape Girardeau passed away Monday, Aug. 20, 2012, at Southeast Hospital.
He was born Sept. 8, 1930, in Tulsa, Okla., son of John and Frances Kennedy Walker. He and Ruth Brown were married July 27, 1950.
David attended Washington Elementary School, Central High School and College High School in Cape Girardeau.
He served in the U.S. Navy from 1948 to 1955.
David was employed 45 years at Lonestar Cement Co., retiring in 2000.
He is survived by his loving wife, Ruth Walker of Cape Girardeau; a son, Keith (Paula) Walker of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Kathy Bartz of Cape Girardeau; two grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son and a brother.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jeremy Clayton officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park with graveside military honors.
Online condolence messages may be sent to the family by visiting www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.