- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
10 die of suspected Ebola in Congo
KAMPALA, Uganda -- The World Health Organization says an outbreak of suspected Ebola in eastern Congo has infected at least 15 people, 10 of whom died.
The WHO said in a statement Tuesday that two of the cases are confirmed as Ebola and that the rest are "probable" Ebola.
The outbreak in Congo's Orientale Province follows one last month in neighboring Uganda that killed 16 people. Ugandan health officials say the outbreak there is under control, but they have yet to declare the country free of Ebola. It is not clear if the outbreak in Congo is related to the one in Uganda.
The WHO said Congolese health officials are working with groups such as Doctors Without Borders to stem the spread of Ebola.
Ebola is highly infectious and kills quickly.