- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
10 die of suspected Ebola in Congo
KAMPALA, Uganda -- The World Health Organization says an outbreak of suspected Ebola in eastern Congo has infected at least 15 people, 10 of whom died.
The WHO said in a statement Tuesday that two of the cases are confirmed as Ebola and that the rest are "probable" Ebola.
The outbreak in Congo's Orientale Province follows one last month in neighboring Uganda that killed 16 people. Ugandan health officials say the outbreak there is under control, but they have yet to declare the country free of Ebola. It is not clear if the outbreak in Congo is related to the one in Uganda.
The WHO said Congolese health officials are working with groups such as Doctors Without Borders to stem the spread of Ebola.
Ebola is highly infectious and kills quickly.