- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
10 die of suspected Ebola in Congo
KAMPALA, Uganda -- The World Health Organization says an outbreak of suspected Ebola in eastern Congo has infected at least 15 people, 10 of whom died.
The WHO said in a statement Tuesday that two of the cases are confirmed as Ebola and that the rest are "probable" Ebola.
The outbreak in Congo's Orientale Province follows one last month in neighboring Uganda that killed 16 people. Ugandan health officials say the outbreak there is under control, but they have yet to declare the country free of Ebola. It is not clear if the outbreak in Congo is related to the one in Uganda.
The WHO said Congolese health officials are working with groups such as Doctors Without Borders to stem the spread of Ebola.
Ebola is highly infectious and kills quickly.