- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
10 die of suspected Ebola in Congo
KAMPALA, Uganda -- The World Health Organization says an outbreak of suspected Ebola in eastern Congo has infected at least 15 people, 10 of whom died.
The WHO said in a statement Tuesday that two of the cases are confirmed as Ebola and that the rest are "probable" Ebola.
The outbreak in Congo's Orientale Province follows one last month in neighboring Uganda that killed 16 people. Ugandan health officials say the outbreak there is under control, but they have yet to declare the country free of Ebola. It is not clear if the outbreak in Congo is related to the one in Uganda.
The WHO said Congolese health officials are working with groups such as Doctors Without Borders to stem the spread of Ebola.
Ebola is highly infectious and kills quickly.