- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
10 die of suspected Ebola in Congo
KAMPALA, Uganda -- The World Health Organization says an outbreak of suspected Ebola in eastern Congo has infected at least 15 people, 10 of whom died.
The WHO said in a statement Tuesday that two of the cases are confirmed as Ebola and that the rest are "probable" Ebola.
The outbreak in Congo's Orientale Province follows one last month in neighboring Uganda that killed 16 people. Ugandan health officials say the outbreak there is under control, but they have yet to declare the country free of Ebola. It is not clear if the outbreak in Congo is related to the one in Uganda.
The WHO said Congolese health officials are working with groups such as Doctors Without Borders to stem the spread of Ebola.
Ebola is highly infectious and kills quickly.