- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)4
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Speak Out 8/23/12
This comment goes out to all you landlords who won't lease your property to people because we have pets. Some pets are cleaner than kids. I have rented places that have had kids and they have really messed up the place. Most pets are trained to go outside; so give us a break. I don't want a mortgage. At least give us a chance.
I asked my mail person yesterday why my mail service is so inconsistent, and he replied it was because they recently changed their starting time to later than what it once was. Few things we can always depend on and one of them is the mail service; some of us still depend on them whether they know it or not. Some business is still conducted through the mail. Please address this problem. We need our mail service to be consistent.
I think it's cute to see everyone complaining about the cost of us expanding our scientific consciousness by going to Mars. You all want to complain about the $2.5 billion that was spent getting there, yet I haven't heard anyone complain about the $15 billion that was spent on the Olympics. Let's not even get started on the fact that we spend over twice as much on our military every year as the entire rest of the industrialized world combined. Give me a break. NASA isn't bankrupting us, folks.