- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Southeast Sundancers Earn Top Award
The Southeast Missouri State University Sundancers return to Southeast this semester with a top honor at the 2012 NDA Collegiate Camp at the University of Louisville. The Sundancers won first place in the Division I Team Dance competition earning them an invitation to compete at the 2013 NDA Collegiate National Championship in Daytona, FL. The Sundancers attended the National competition in April of 2012 and placed 9th among Division I dance teams.
The Southeast Sundancers are the University's competitive dance team. The Sundancers are studio-trained dancers and many have trained since the age of 3. They perform for all football, women's and men's basketball home games, as well as special University and community requests throughout the year. These dancers work hard to promote spirit throughout the University. Nationals is a way for them to be recognized for their hard work and talent. The National competition is televised on CBS Sports Net each spring.
Along with the team honor - two individual members, Kelley Oswald and Raediance Koonce, were named NDA All-American dancers at the summer camp.