- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)59
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Southeast Sundancers Earn Top Award
The Southeast Missouri State University Sundancers return to Southeast this semester with a top honor at the 2012 NDA Collegiate Camp at the University of Louisville. The Sundancers won first place in the Division I Team Dance competition earning them an invitation to compete at the 2013 NDA Collegiate National Championship in Daytona, FL. The Sundancers attended the National competition in April of 2012 and placed 9th among Division I dance teams.
The Southeast Sundancers are the University's competitive dance team. The Sundancers are studio-trained dancers and many have trained since the age of 3. They perform for all football, women's and men's basketball home games, as well as special University and community requests throughout the year. These dancers work hard to promote spirit throughout the University. Nationals is a way for them to be recognized for their hard work and talent. The National competition is televised on CBS Sports Net each spring.
Along with the team honor - two individual members, Kelley Oswald and Raediance Koonce, were named NDA All-American dancers at the summer camp.