- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
Southeast Sundancers Earn Top Award
The Southeast Missouri State University Sundancers return to Southeast this semester with a top honor at the 2012 NDA Collegiate Camp at the University of Louisville. The Sundancers won first place in the Division I Team Dance competition earning them an invitation to compete at the 2013 NDA Collegiate National Championship in Daytona, FL. The Sundancers attended the National competition in April of 2012 and placed 9th among Division I dance teams.
The Southeast Sundancers are the University's competitive dance team. The Sundancers are studio-trained dancers and many have trained since the age of 3. They perform for all football, women's and men's basketball home games, as well as special University and community requests throughout the year. These dancers work hard to promote spirit throughout the University. Nationals is a way for them to be recognized for their hard work and talent. The National competition is televised on CBS Sports Net each spring.
Along with the team honor - two individual members, Kelley Oswald and Raediance Koonce, were named NDA All-American dancers at the summer camp.