- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Southeast Sundancers Earn Top Award
The Southeast Missouri State University Sundancers return to Southeast this semester with a top honor at the 2012 NDA Collegiate Camp at the University of Louisville. The Sundancers won first place in the Division I Team Dance competition earning them an invitation to compete at the 2013 NDA Collegiate National Championship in Daytona, FL. The Sundancers attended the National competition in April of 2012 and placed 9th among Division I dance teams.
The Southeast Sundancers are the University's competitive dance team. The Sundancers are studio-trained dancers and many have trained since the age of 3. They perform for all football, women's and men's basketball home games, as well as special University and community requests throughout the year. These dancers work hard to promote spirit throughout the University. Nationals is a way for them to be recognized for their hard work and talent. The National competition is televised on CBS Sports Net each spring.
Along with the team honor - two individual members, Kelley Oswald and Raediance Koonce, were named NDA All-American dancers at the summer camp.