- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Janet Koenig creates painted quilts to add flair to local barns (10/13/17)
Southeast Sundancers Earn Top Award
The Southeast Missouri State University Sundancers return to Southeast this semester with a top honor at the 2012 NDA Collegiate Camp at the University of Louisville. The Sundancers won first place in the Division I Team Dance competition earning them an invitation to compete at the 2013 NDA Collegiate National Championship in Daytona, FL. The Sundancers attended the National competition in April of 2012 and placed 9th among Division I dance teams.
The Southeast Sundancers are the University's competitive dance team. The Sundancers are studio-trained dancers and many have trained since the age of 3. They perform for all football, women's and men's basketball home games, as well as special University and community requests throughout the year. These dancers work hard to promote spirit throughout the University. Nationals is a way for them to be recognized for their hard work and talent. The National competition is televised on CBS Sports Net each spring.
Along with the team honor - two individual members, Kelley Oswald and Raediance Koonce, were named NDA All-American dancers at the summer camp.