- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)9
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
Good Samaritan: DORTHA STRACK
Dortha Strack deserves recognition as a faithful volunteer. 4-H leader 49 years, advisor on SEMO District Fair Board, Fair 4-H director, taught Sunday School 47 years, and works at elections. She has been active in projects for Diabetes, Safe House, Teen Challenge, Autism, FISH, etc. She goes into the community to give programs to schools nursing homes and organizations. She is a 60 year member of Kage FCE.
She has worked at Sunny Hill Gardens 42 years, participates in a weekly radio show, holds workshops for small children one Saturday each month. Gardening is her hobby and she loves sharing her produce.
Her dream came true in 2001 when she organized a 4-H Day Camp, "Dortha's Clover Kid's Camp", for children 5 to 8 years old.
She is always ready with food and condolences when necessary.
Dortha is an exceptional leader, role model, and truly an asset to her community.