- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
Good Samaritan: DORTHA STRACK
Dortha Strack deserves recognition as a faithful volunteer. 4-H leader 49 years, advisor on SEMO District Fair Board, Fair 4-H director, taught Sunday School 47 years, and works at elections. She has been active in projects for Diabetes, Safe House, Teen Challenge, Autism, FISH, etc. She goes into the community to give programs to schools nursing homes and organizations. She is a 60 year member of Kage FCE.
She has worked at Sunny Hill Gardens 42 years, participates in a weekly radio show, holds workshops for small children one Saturday each month. Gardening is her hobby and she loves sharing her produce.
Her dream came true in 2001 when she organized a 4-H Day Camp, "Dortha's Clover Kid's Camp", for children 5 to 8 years old.
She is always ready with food and condolences when necessary.
Dortha is an exceptional leader, role model, and truly an asset to her community.