- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
Good Samaritan: DORTHA STRACK
Dortha Strack deserves recognition as a faithful volunteer. 4-H leader 49 years, advisor on SEMO District Fair Board, Fair 4-H director, taught Sunday School 47 years, and works at elections. She has been active in projects for Diabetes, Safe House, Teen Challenge, Autism, FISH, etc. She goes into the community to give programs to schools nursing homes and organizations. She is a 60 year member of Kage FCE.
She has worked at Sunny Hill Gardens 42 years, participates in a weekly radio show, holds workshops for small children one Saturday each month. Gardening is her hobby and she loves sharing her produce.
Her dream came true in 2001 when she organized a 4-H Day Camp, "Dortha's Clover Kid's Camp", for children 5 to 8 years old.
She is always ready with food and condolences when necessary.
Dortha is an exceptional leader, role model, and truly an asset to her community.