- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
MUSIC VIDEO SHOW THE BEAUTY OF DOWNTOWN CAPE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
MATT IRWIN, LOCAL SINGER/SONGWRITER/MUSICIAN RELEASES NEW MUSIC VIDEO
Cape Girardeau, Missouri -- August 15, 2012 -- Cape Girardeau resident, Matt Irwin, has released a new HD Music Video for his song "Goodbye Starlight."
Irwin, a local singer/songwriter/musician, wrote the music and lyrics for "Goodbye Starlight" within the last year and is pleased it is now available to view and listen to, "My goal is to become a singer/songwriter and the release of my new video will assist me in getting one step closer to my dream," said Irwin. "It is one of my favorite compositions and what a better way to put it to video than highlighting one of my favorite places, downtown Cape Girardeau," Irwin added.
The HD Video was produced locally and features many downtown Cape Girardeau locations. Ragsdales, Water Street, The Mural Flood Wall, The Common Pleas Courthouse, the Bill Emerson Memorial Bridge and Overlook, and the River Campus are all featured on Irwin's video of "Goodbye Starlight." Marla Mills, Executive Director of Old Town Cape, had this to say,
"Matt's music is so special and we know that downtown Cape Girardeau is a special place too. Having our landmarks incorporated in Matt's video highlights just how beautiful our town is. We are excited and pleased he has chosen downtown Cape as a backdrop for his great music."
Chuck Martin, Executive Director of the Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau had this to add, "Matt Irwin shines the light brightly on the sites and sounds of beautiful and historic downtown Cape Girardeau in his new music video, "Goodbye Starlight." Count me among the many that thinks that very soon Matt is going to be singing, "Hello Stardom!"
Irwin is a graduate of Oran High School and has lived in Cape Girardeau the last 11 years.
His love of music and composing has come from many sources, but his family, filled with numerous musicians, has been one of his biggest influences. He has performed his music at several local venues like Ragsdales, Port Cape, Rude Dog, and the Arena Building over the past 12 years.
Irwin's new music video, "Goodbye Starlight" can be viewed at www.youtube.com/mattimusicvids and at www.reverbnation.com/mattirwin along with some of his other music compositions. For more information, contact Matt Irwin at 573-587-3765 or Dave Parsons at 573-587-3171.