- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Dr. Edwin Kuntz
Dr. Edwin C. Kuntz, 78, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Aug. 17, 2012, at his home with his family by his side.
He was born July 14, 1934, in St. Louis, to Edwin C. and Virginia Kuntz. He and Gabriela Montoya were married April 3, 1972, in Lima, Peru.
Ed graduated from Chaminade College Preparatory School in St. Louis and St. Mary's University in San Antonio, where he obtained degrees in music, history and chemistry. He taught in both St. Louis and Lima before getting his MBA from Stanford University. Ed then taught at ESAN (business graduate school) in Lima. In 1978 he earned a doctorate in business administration from Texas Tech University in Lubbock. Ed taught at Southeast Missouri State University College of Business 17 years, before retiring as professor emeritus.
He was acknowledged by his peers as possessing a vast body of knowledge across many academic disciplines. His intellectual curiosity was only exceeded by his love of his wife and children.
Ed is survived by his loving wife of 40 years, Gabriela; two sons, Chris (Deena) Kuntz of Paducah, Ky., Greg (Lisa) Kuntz of St. Louis; two daughters, Cecilia (Andy) Colburn of Cape Girardeau, Gina Kuntz of St. Louis; six grandchildren, Abby Kuntz and Josh Kuntz of Paducah, Andrew Kuntz, Ella Kuntz and Nicholas Kuntz of St. Louis, and David Colburn of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 9 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. David Hulshof officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Birthright of Cape Girardeau and the Newman Center at Southeast Missouri State University.
Online condolences may be shared at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.