- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Highway 221 to close for interchange conversion in St. Francois County
SIKESTON, Mo. -- The diverging diamond interchange in Farmington, Mo., will be ready for its first travelers in September.
To prepare the area for the interchange conversion, the Missouri Department of Transportation's contractor will close Highway 221 at the U.S. 67 overpass. The closure is expected to begin at 7 p.m. Sept. 4, with Highway 221 reopening at 9 a.m. Sept. 5, weather permitting. U-turns will be prohibited as work is underway, and motorists are encouraged to use the marked detour routes.
For more information, contact resident engineer Jason Williams at 573-431-4933 or MoDOT's Customer Service Center at 888-275-6636. To learn more about suggested detour routes and navigating the interchange, visit www.modot.org/southeast/projects/countie....