- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Third Tuesday Tea Time - Election Day Activism
On August 21st, 2012 at 6:30pm, the Cape County Tea Party (CCTP) will hold its open monthly meeting at the Cape Girardeau Public Library. The meeting is called the Third Tuesday Tea Time and is held on the Third Tuesday of each month to continue the work to complete our Mission as stated below.
This month our speaker is Shane Schoeller of the Candidate for Missouri Secretary of State. Mr. Schoeller has been asked to speak on Getting Active at the Ballot Box on Election Day.
CCTP hopes to help build a presence at the polling places on Election Day to dissuade voter fraud. We have asked him to address topics such as:
- How to become / register as an observer
- Where to get credentials
- Anyone else that is organizing this effort throughout the state
- Where to get details / rules on what observers can / cannot do
- How to get a list of all polling locations in Southeast Missouri
- How to determine the number/type of ballots (Dem / Repub / Lib) that were selected at each polling location during the most recent primary
- How to select polling locations most likely to be the source of voter fraud
- How to handle with uncooperative election judges
- Who to contact when problems arise
- Shane Schoeller is a proven champion of American freedom, jobs, conservative principles and Missouri values in public and private positions of trust.
- As the Speaker Pro Tem of the Missouri House of Representatives, Shane Schoeller proudly represents 39,224 citizens of Springfield and nearby Fair Grove, Walnut Grove and Willard. He is serving his third term as the trustee of the people's vote in the 139th District.
- Shane Schoeller graduated from Branson High School in Taney County in 1990, in the beautiful and rugged lakes country of southern Missouri. He is 40 and the father of three wonderful young Missourians.
- He earned the degree of Bachelor of Science in political science from Southwest Baptist University (SBU) in Bolivar, MO in 1994.
- After graduation, he entered public and private service, including a leadership role in the Homebuilders Association of Greater Springfield that preceded his election as a legislator in 2006.
- As a new graduate, Shane Schoeller, an active Republican, worked as field representative for Senator John Ashcroft and Senator Kit Bond, later becoming a legislative assistant to then-Congressman Roy Blunt and later chief administrative aide to Secretary of State Matt Blunt.
- Prior to his election to the House, Shane Schoeller served as the Director of Government Affairs for the Home Builders Association (HBA) of Greater Springfield. He was a leader in encouraging pro-jobs and pro-growth policies in home construction, helping make homeownership an affordable opportunity for current and new homebuyers.
- In the House, he has served on committees that reviewed budget appropriations, utilities, taxation and revenue, and also disaster recovery "after the Joplin tornado of 2011". He was unanimously chosen by his peers as the House's second ranking official in 2011.
- Prior to his work with the HBA, Shane Schoeller raised funds for Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE), a global non-profit organization serving more than 1,500 campuses worldwide, to help teach young people the principles of free enterprise.
- Shane Schoeller and wife Mendie are the parents of Emma, Dorthy, and Johnny. The Schoeller family makes its home in Willard, near north Springfield. Mendie Schoeller is a practicing attorney in estate planning and probate law. Shane is a proud member of the NRA and Missouri Farm Bureau. Shane, Mendie and their children are an active family in Second Baptist Church of Springfield.
The goals of each meeting are to:
- Disseminate topical information that affects CCTP members and the community at large (typically a speaker)
- Engage the attendees in a form of activism to work toward the completion of our mission
- Increase the membership of the CCTP
Everyone is invited regardless of party or ideology! We hope you will attend! Expect homework!
For more information, see the TTTT link on our website:
Our mission is to attract, educate, organize and mobilize fellow citizens
to secure Public Policy consistent with Fiscal Responsibility,
Founding Principles and Constitutionally Limited Government under God.